PLEASE SHARE WIDELY:
Ending DACA is Jagged Justice:
Join our September 18, 2017
Jagged Justice Call
WOCN, Inc. is greatly disturbed and concerned for the lives of our dear family, friends, colleagues, and communities that are impacted by the decision handed down today to end Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA). DACA provided a safety net to adolescent and adult children of undocumented immigrants by providing them with work permits, allowing them to support themselves and their families and to build a promising future. The ending of DACA is #JaggedJustice and places in harm’s way dedicated workers who are now in danger of being deported, and DACA recipients who are victims of crime, including domestic violence and sexual assault are now much less likely to reach out for and access help. This has devastating implications for immigrant communities of color who are on the margins of the margins.
WOCN, Inc. stands in solidarity with those directly impacted by the DACA decision, and lift up efforts to support the Dream Act. We invite you to join us on September 18, 2017 from 5:00-7:00 pm EST for another important #JaggedJustice call. As many of you know, these calls began in 2014 to address current and historical, systemic and systematic disparities, brutality and maltreatment within communities of color. WOCN, Inc. continues to lift up women of color working within the anti-violence against women/gender-based violence movement, across our intersectional identities.
On this call we will:
- Connect the dots between current events and the work of women and men of color advocates;
- Problem-solve how the movement/field can participate in addressing these important needs;
- Share the impact the current political and social climate may be having on people of color working in mainstream organizations;
- Highlight organizing efforts that are happening in communities and sharing ways for others to participate;
- Discuss what participants would like to see happen across disciplines, locally and nationally;
- Discuss ways that white aspiring allies can take united action with women and men of color to address these issues.
REGISTER HERE: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/jaggedjusticesept19callreg
We are asking that you come ready share actions you are taking or wishing to take!!!
Trackback from your site.